Sunday, May 17, 2009

'Til Death Do They Part

The past few weeks have been super busy for us! My best friend Jessica got married yesterday! I am SO happy and excited for her and her new husband, Norman. She planned everything herself and I am so proud of her for that! Everything turned out beautiful and God heard our prayers!

For the past week everyone who was a part of this outdoor wedding has been watching the weather reports for the weekend. The predictions were always scattered thunderstorms all day. Yesterday morning the predictions were actually an 80% chance of rain at 4:00 pm, the time the wedding was to begin. The sun shined until about 5:30 pm, which was about 30 minutes into the reception that was held at a nearby country club. PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Jessica was a GORGEOUS bride. She composed herself in a classy way (which is obviously sometimes hard on your wedding day when you're the bride and you want everything perfect and everyone's not acting perfect! ha!) Norman was the sweetest groom I have ever seen. Get this-as they danced their first dance he looked her in the eyes the whole time singing their song, "True Companion", to her. It was the sweetest thing! It was one of those mushy moments where I think every woman in the room was crying. Also, when they said their vows to each other it gave me chills.
Emmy was the flower girl. I've been nervous about it since about a year ago when Jess asked me. She did a great job. She walked down the aisle kind of shy and didn't throw down any flowers. lol She stood by me for a minute, but then realized that one of her little friends, Brooklynn, was in the audience and walked off to see her. She then ran back up to me and said "Here Mommy. Hold my basket." In the middle of the wedding. It was super cute! By the middle of the reception she was over it, so Tim took her and Addy home to put them to bed. All in all, Emmy was a great little flower girl! I pray that she will be just as good in the next wedding she's in on June 20th!
I was the Matron of Honor and what a priveledge it was! I was truly honored that she asked me. I was so emotional all day because we have been friends since the 6th grade. Since I was in the bridal party, we obviously had to take a lot of picture with the groomsmen. At one point the photographer asked all the bridesmaids to put their hand on the groomsmans shoulder and kind of lean on them. When Emmy saw me doing that to the best man she said "Why's my Mommy touchin' that boy???" I thought that was worth sharing :-)!
About a week ago she reminded me that I had to give a speech and toast. This is pretty much what it said:
When I met Jessica in the 6th grade, I could have never dreamed what our friendship would hold. From eating jelly belly jelly beans on a rooftop and watching Lifetime movies with my Mom, to her becoming like an aunt to my girls and hearing about this guy named Norman who was more than just someone special. Through the years, Jessica has been a wonderful friend to me. She has taught me what a true friend really is. She has been there to talk when I needed someone to listen and has always supported me even when the outcome seemed impossible. Norman is blessed to have found her. My prayer is that you will have a marriage filled with happiness and that God would be the center of it. Song of Solomon 8:7a reads "Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away."
To Jessica and Norman:
May you both love in a way that nothing can defeat it. We all love you so much and pray that the Lord will bless your marriage.
I am so happy for them and I meant every word that I said. I wish that I could have said more, but sometimes it's just hard to put into words how you feel.
Patty, Jess, Me and Emmy on the morning of her wedding. Patty is Jessica's close friend from Knoxville. We all had a slumber party!


Me and Jessica


Jessica and Norman. What a beautiful couple!


Emmy and Brooklynn dancing at the reception

I hope that you all had a great weekend! Tim is off from school for the summer, so he doesn't have work or anything tomorrow! I don't even remember the last time he had an off day. Also, stay tuned-I have some exciting things I'll be sharing in the next few weeks! I just need to wait on all the details. And NO I'm NOT pregnant and NO we're NOT moving. Just wanted to get that out in the open....

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Beautiful ladies! Loved the comment from Emmy about you "touchin' that boy!" LOL!

Can't wait to hear the official word on your news. We're so excited for you guys and continue to pray. Much love!

Jessica said...

I loved that blog :) I am so blessed to have you as a best friend! Heather mention today that she thought you were an angel- like seriously! haha, you're pretty close if you're not!