Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dollywood 2009

A few months ago Andrew, my brother, called and said that he had some free tickets to Dollywood that he would like to share with us. They live very close to the park, so it was a perfect opportunity to spend some time with them!

We had such a wonderful time! We ended up leaving on a Sunday night after church, so we got there, put the girls in bed, and rested up so that we could spend Monday at Dollywood.

Emmy was SO excited and I think overwhelmed when we first got there. When she got the hang of everything and understood that this day was pretty much for her since the babies didn't really know what was going on, she was PUMPED!

That child was FEARLESS and ended up riding a ride that took her up very high and slowly made her go up and down, one of those round rafts that carry about 6 people and take you down a rough river and get you SOAKING wet, and the ferris wheel. Some other things she road were the carousel, flying elephants, train (she actually thinks she road that twice because the trolley from the parking lot to the main entrance was a train to her :-}), and the antique cars.

Addy and Brayden also did very well. They just sat in their strollers and enjoyed everything that was going on. After lunch, they both fell asleep and slept through many things without making a sound!

All in all, we had an AWESOME time and are already planning to go back soon. Thanks Andrew, Valerie and Brayden for your generosity and love that you showed us while we were there!




Addy and Brayden taking it all in.


Daddy holding up Emmy and Andrew on a boat trying to squirt me while I'm on dry land.


Addy loves to give hugs. She says "aww" while she's doing it. SOO sweet!


The Daddy's and babies on the carousel.




Emmy and Valerie. Emmy LOVED getting to spend time with Val that day. Every time I would try to hold her hand while walking at the park, Emmy would say "No! I want to hold Valerwie's hand!"


Mommy and Emmy about to ride Dumbo. I couldn't believe how high and fast that thing went!


Addy snoozin'



Brayden snoozin'


Emmy playing a little game. She won a frog!

I just love this picture! Andrew is such a good Daddy!



Emmy and Tim on the antique cars. She said that this was her favorite thing at Dollywood! lol


I just had to share this recent picture of the girls. Addy can't quite walk without help yet, but she's almost there. I look at this picture and I can't help but thank God for my little girls. They are so precious to me! Raising them isn't easy by any means, but seeing them smile and play brings me so much joy and makes it so worth the difficult times! I love being their Mommy:-)!

1 comments:

ocean mommy said...

GREAT pictures! I love the last one of the girls. :) TOO cute.