Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Day At The Beach

Tim took the day off on Monday because he hadn't really had a day off all week. He's been working so hard getting various things ready at church. Monday morning after breakfast, we decided to head to a local park on the lake where they also have a sandy area.

The girls had SO much fun! Tim got in the water with them because I think it is DISGUSTING and they LOVED it! (I know I should probably get the Mom of the year award for letting them get into water that I wouldn't even get in, but oh well. LOL)

Hannah, Addy, and I mainly just played in the sand while Tim and Emmy played in the water. The first thing Addy did was stand in the sand because I think she was a little unsure of what was going on. After she got used to everything, she started crawling all around and then would stop and put her sandy hand in her mouth. She puts everything in her mouth! I am constantly digging things out. Anyway, the grittiness didn't even phase her! Yuck!







Addy has learned how to drink from a straw. We had put our slushies within reach of her without think of it. She got ahold of them and was drinking them both! ha!




Emmy swam all around and loved seeing the "little fishies" swimming in the water below. She is getting to be quite the swimmer, by the way. We went to a pool on Saturday and she swam in the shallow end pretty much the whole time with NO floaties or anything. We took a swimming class a few months back because I am terrified of her drowning. I really thing the class helped her! She kept saying she was going to build a sand castle, but couldn't stay in the sand long enough to do it!

She was spinning around in circles and singing when I took this picture!

We only stayed for about an hour and a half, but it was such a fun, spur-of-the-moment adventure! I'm sure we will do it again soon!





I felt bad because I only had a couple pictures of Emmy, so I wanted to show y'all a couple more of her recently.
K, Emmy, and A having a picnic.


We have been let Emmy play in the sprinkler lately. She thinks it's so fun, especially when I go through it with her! lol



Hope you are all having a great summer! I can't believe it's almost over! :-( Thankfully, it usually stays pretty warm here well into October.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I think that pic of Addy with two slushies in her lap is my favorite of her, wonder where she got her love of slushies from? Surely not you Haley :) The one with Emmy sticking her tongue out in the sprinkler is my new favorite of her!

Laurie said...

So fun! Gabbie loves the sprinkler, too. I love the picture of Addy drinking the slushies. :) We can't wait to get down to the beach next week...just counting down the days!

Ashleigh S said...

I Love The Emmy Sprinkler Pic....I Remember When I Was Little Running Through The Sprinkler Was The Most Fun EVER! lol