Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day! Part One

Today was such a wonderful day! It started snowing at around midnight or so last night and when we woke up this morning we had around 8 inches. That is a BIG deal where we live here in TN! It was so exciting! I don't have many pictures because it is very hard to play with your kids in the snow while trying to protect a camera!

 

We had so much fun in the snow. Addy didn't know what to think of it at first because it was up to her knees almost! Once she started liking it, she spend most of her time eating it. HILARIOUS! Emmy and I threw ourselves on the ground and made snow angels and attempted to make a snowman (we'll probably try again tomorrow). We also found some neighbor kids to play with and all sat and watched some of the cutest dogs play that live across the street. One of them is a Golden Retriever/Poodle mix and is white. The other one is something mixed with Poodle and is black. I'm not usually a fan of big dogs, but these ones just looked so cute playing in the snow!


After we froze our faces off, I stripped the girls down and Tim, who had stayed inside with Lucy, took them up and got them in some warm, dry clothes. I fixed the girls some Chef Boyardee Lasagna from a can for lunch (What can I say? They love it! I at least get the whole grain pasta kind! ha!) and Tim and I had a grilled cheese and homemade guacamole, our new favorite healthy snack. After cleaning up lunch, I fixed some chili in the crock-pot for dinner.


After lunch, we spent some time just sitting around and then it was naptime. Emmy and I went and laid in my bed and I ended up falling asleep! It actually was really nice. We got up, and it was pretty much time for dinner. The chili turned out great! We gobbled it up and while I cleaned up, Tim sat at the kitchen table and played the girls' new game, Cranium Playground. So fun! I also put some cookies in the oven and fixed some pancake batter for tomorrow morning. I really want to make some snowman pancakes and bacon for breakfast tomorrow and knew I wouldn't do it unless it was already made. By the way, I know all this sounds like I'm so domestic, but I'm really not. I TRY to be, but usually it doesn't happen! This being "snowed in" business makes me wanna cook and play with the girls and nothing else!


The girls were not too thrilled about going to bed after they ate their cookies. I think Addy's gotten out of bed 3 times now! Oh well. We always just keep putting her back in bed when she does this and she eventually goes to sleep.


I told Tim tonight while we were eating cookies that this felt like a perfect day. Honestly, these days I rarely can say that. Don't get me wrong, I am blessed and thankful for these girls and our life, but raising 3 young children is very hard most of the time! You have to be very patient and always one step ahead of them, which can get exhausting! Anyway, I am just thankful that God gave us this fun day that we can tuck away in our hearts and remember for the rest of our lives.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Now, THAT is some snow. Congrats, my southern friends. Now you know why snow days rock!