Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh where, oh where has my Emmy's nap gone?

Oh where, oh where has my Emmy's nap gone


Oh where, oh where can it be


With her quiet times short and her rowdy times long


Oh where, oh where can it be






After about an hour of trying to get her to have "rest" time...I gave up and put on Baby Einstein...









5 minutes later because she wouldn't sit still to watch it (keep in mind she's been at Mother's Day Out all day) so I made her go to her room...yes, this is real and yes, it was a lot worse in person. I think she's demon-possessed sometimes, actually...










I know I'm such a horrible mother for posting this. Not to mention the fact that I'm blogging during this monumental meltdown. Yes, she is screaming at the very moment saying "but my eyes aren't sleepy", "but I'm scared of the dark", the newest "my tummy hurts", oh, this is even better, "Addy needs me! Addy wants me!"



Oh, wait!

Approximately 30 minutes after the first picture...no, this was not planned!





Oh, the joy of Motherhood!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Sorry to Emmy, but that is too funny! Gabbie's naps are hit-or-miss these days, too. Many times she'll just lie in bed singing at the top of her lungs and, more recently, I've been giving her stacks of books to look at to keep her quiet for at least an hour. She only actually sleeps a few times a week. I'm certainly sad to see nap time come to an end (for my own sanity) but by no means is "quiet time" ending. I'd go crazy!

Haley said...

Girl, I am trying SO hard to get her to have a quiet time since naps are almost gone! She can't sit still, though! I don't know how she has so much energy! We've done the book thing, but she's over that after about 10 minutes. Lately, I've been letting her have a toy or 2 to play with, but I ALWAYS end up catching her jumping on her bed or screaming/singing at the top of her lungs! Mommy needs quiet time! We've done EVERYTHING to discipline her about this, but nothing seems to work. I just want her to chill for a little while, you know? We ALL need to do that sometimes :-)

Amy Beard said...

Haley, in case this makes you feel better we are going through similar things with Connor too. And the days he is at MDO seem to be worse at trying to get him to take a nap. He finds every excuse also to not sleep. I think they need "rest" too, or at least I do! I have been struggling with this also and they are about the same age....so maybe this too shall pass!! :)

Haley said...

Thanks for commenting, Amy! I'm gonna look at your blog after I'm done with this... I hope that this will pass, but then there will be something else! lol I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic! Ha! I still say that the fun times outnumber the notsofun times. It's just hard to see that perspective when you're going through a time like this! lol And yes, it does make me feel better to know that other children her age are going through this!

ocean mommy said...

I'm so sorry...but I'm cracking up! I have heard those same things come out of my girls mouths at different times. :)

Love you
steph.

Danyel said...

hahahahahahaha! Cal still naps daily! Amelia... darn teething ruins everything.