Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Emmy's Fall Party

Today has already been such a fun day! After I dropped Emmy off at school, I headed to Target. What a great way to start the morning! I don't know about you, but Target just puts me in a good mood. I could do SO much damage to our budget there :-). I had to rush a little because I had to be back at Emmy's preschool for her Fall party. It's ok, though. I got some great things on sale and also got a new little sweater wrap dress.

After my little shopping trip, I dropped Addy off at her Grandmommy's house and headed to Emmy's school for her fall party. It was so much fun! They has chicken nuggets and chips and also some yummy treats. I signed up for desserts and thought I did a great thing by going to Walmart and picking out a cute little orange pumpkin shaped tray of orange sprinkled pumpkin shaped cookies. When I showed up, I noticed that the other Mommy who signed up for desserts made these little hand made treats. They were little owls made of moon pies on a stick with an opened oreo for eyes, a candy corn beak and cute little hand embellishments made of icing to really make it look like an owl. Oh yeah, they were also all individually wrapped with a curly ribbon tied around the bottom. It looked like something my Mom would have done! I guess I need to get on the ball!

After lunch, the other Mom's and I went into the other classroom to get a head start on the scare crow that each class was to make. The scare crows are going to be displayed at the fall festival at the church where Emmy goes to preschool. The people who attend it will judge them and the class that wins will get another special lunch one day! (They usually don't eat lunch at school because she gets out at 12.) After getting most of the scare crow put together, we took it in for the children to stuff. Wow. They fought over who's turn it was and pretty much didn't care about what they were doing. One of Emmy's creative teachers decided to give them all some orange felt and let them cut out triangles, circles, and squares and one of their names was written on each shape and then glued on the overalls like a little patch. Needless to say, the Mom's did most of the work. It still had a personal touch, though!

I really enjoyed getting to have that time with Emmy today. The past couple of years I have worked at her school, so I couldn't be involved much with her class. I had my own class to take care of! It was so nice to get to focus on her and help with whatever was needed. It was also cool to see her with all of her little friends acting like such a big girl! Before I know it, she's going to be in KINDERGARTEN! My, how time flies by!

I hope that you are all enjoying Fall as much as we are. I LOVE this time of year. The colors are absolutely beautiful here. Emmy is even noticing how pretty the leaves look! On the way to church Sunday she said "Mommy, look at all the colors! There's red, green, purple and gold!" It was a perfect opportunity to talk about how awesome God is and give her yet another reason to praise Him! Good times...
Emmy's BFF, Brooklynn. They are inseparable.

Lunch time!




Emmy's class with their scare crow.




I took this photo later on during this day before we went to church. I think it's my favorite picture ever. :-) (Laurie, do you think you can work with this?)


2 comments:

Duane and Whitney Blomberg said...

i LOVE this picture at the bottome...
this should be a magazine ad somewhere?!

Laurie said...

The last picture is fantastic! Addy looks SO much older than she really is in it...like a little girl! I've got it saved to my computer and I'll be in touch when I start working on it. Love those girls!