Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A New Life

Since Tim and I got married, we have always talked about how many children we would have, what we would name them, how we would raise them, etc. I guess you could say that once we had Emmy-we were in love with being parents and couldn't wait to have another one! After Addy came along, I realized that kids are a lot of work. Don't get me wrong, having a second child pretty much confirmed why I love being a Mommy so much, but I was tired and felt like 2 little girls were perfect. I had always pictured myself with 2 girls, so it seemed like our little family was great the way it was. Ironically, God had other plans.

A few months ago, Tim and I started looking at houses. We decided that this isn't the right time for us to buy, but it did make us think a little further into our future. One day, I just basically said "Tim, do you think that we will have any more children?" He grinned from ear to ear and said "Yep!" (I'm glad that he had figured that out already, because I had NOT! LOL) Next thing I know, on August the 7th, I was looking at a positive pregnancy test. And just to get this out in the open you CAN get pregnant while breastfeeding AND on birth control! I know that was a litte TMI, but wanted to make it clear that we were not planning to have our kids this close together. That's why this child's name will be Serendipity-the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. :-) Ha! (I'm j/k, by the way.)

Today, I'm 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Tim and I got to experience an ultrasound together this morning. It's so cool how every pregnancy, every new life, is so exciting. It is amazing to see that little baby wiggling around on the screen inside of me when just 8 weeks ago it wasn't even recognizable. I am in awe of God's power.

I hope that you are all just as excited as we are about our news! My hands are full already, so I ask that will pray for me! The enemy is really good at controlling your thoughts and at times I am overwhelmed by the thought of what my life will be at the end of April! However, I know God will provide the patience and strength that can only come from Him. I am also praying that I will be able to ignore those lovely comments that people like to make when you're pregnant. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Thank you all for your prayers and support! I am excited to be able to document this pregnancy on my blog! I didn't have a blog when I was expecting the girls, so this should be fun! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

4 comments:

Becca Jones said...

Haley I am SOOOOOO excited for you! All of your blogs and statuses show me how much strength you have and what a wonderful mother you already are! No wonder God wanted to give you another one :) I hope this pregnancy treats you well and I am thrilled to read your future blogs!

Laurie said...

Yay! More cousins! So excited for you guys and love experiencing yet ANOTHER pregnancy with you!

Duane and Whitney Blomberg said...

SO excited for you. Forget about what those "other people" say! They're just jealous of your beautiful family! And hey- don't be overwhelmed- now that I don't have a job...I'll be a great babysitter!! YAYY! :) love you!

ocean mommy said...

:) SO excited!

Just ignore all those lovely comments. :) God is in control of this, obviously He has a very specific task for this little one!

Love you
steph.