Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas with the Williams' Family

I've got a busy night ahead, but I just wanted to stop for a minute and let y'all know about the wonderful evening we had last night.


We decided to celebrate Christmas a little earlier this year because Rick aka Poppy aka Tim's dad is going to be working Christmas Eve and Christmas. No fun, huh? (I'm sorry, Ricky! We will surely be thinking of you on Christmas :-].) Honestly, I thought it was great to celebrate it early. I really look forward to Christmas, so to get to do it a few days before was a special treat!

A wonderful evening was had by all. We started with a yummy dinner that Louise aka Tim's mom prepared (as usual!), read the Christmas story from the Bible, opened presents, and made our way to an enchanting place called Rock City. It's atop Lookout Mountain and during the Christmas season has "The Garden of Lights". It was absolutely freezing, but very beautiful. Emmy was awesome, which we can't always say these days. What can I say? She's 3! Addy wasn't having the whole baby stuffed in snowsuit stuffed in snuggly thing. Once we unwrapped her (or should I say found her?), she was fine and went to sleep! Zachary (my sweet nephew) was a sleepy boy who probably would have rather been in his bed. However, he looked as cute as a button in his little tobogan and big coat. So, who cares if he had fun, right? It's all about how cute you look! haha j/k! Needless to say, with Santa, hot cocoa and hot apple cider, gingerbread cookies, beautiful scenery and bundled up babies...well...that's one of the many reasons why I love Christmastime! Here are some pictures from our night.



First of all, I just had to show y'all a picture of me in my gingerbread shirt. I got it from Target and I love it...but I think Emmy loves it more. She thinks I'm super cool in it! haha



An attempt to get a picture of the girls in front of the Christmas tree.


Emmy opening her Belle dress. She was a happy little girl!



Tim was SO excited about his new laptop. He really needed one...



Emmy, Me, Tim, Addy and Hannah in front of the tree of lights at Rock City.



Faith (my sister in law), Zachary (couldn't you just eat him up?!?!), Addy, and me trying to warm up in the giftshop along the trail.



Rick and Louise swinging with Zach and Emmy. (It was a HUGE swing!)



Emmy creating her masterpiece of a gingerbread man.


Andrew (Tim's little brother), Tim and Emmy posing on the swing!


As you can see, I'm very blessed to have such wonderul in-laws to spend Christmas and all year with. I hope you enjoyed having a little taste of it!



May you have a blessed Christmas as well!


Haley

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay! We love Rock City in my family. My dad basically thinks I'm a disappointment to the family if I am in Chattanooga and DON'T go to Rock City. I've been there several times, lots of fun! Looks like you guys had a nice Christmas with Rick & Louise. In the picture of you and Faith with the kids, Addy looks JUST like Emmy to me. It's uncanny. Also, Gabbie has the same sweater as Emmy (the striped one from Target). Too cute!

Haley said...

Laurie-
Did y'all visit here with your family before you and Danny were married? You should bring the sweater to VA in a few days and Emmy and Gabbie can be twinkies! I would love to get a picture of that. And yes, Addy looks a lot like Emmy in that picture, but sometimes she looks totally different!

Laurie said...

My Dad went to Rock City many times growing up during various family vacations. He carried on the tradition with our family and took us there a couple of times when I was little (and then I've been there a few more times since then, with Danny). I always think it's crazy that I was 13 hours from home but within 20 minutes of Danny when I was like 12 years old at Rock City and had no idea that my future hubby was probably playing football somewhere close by at that very moment. :)

I'll pack the sweater!