Thursday, January 20, 2011

Addy is 2!

Back in August, we celebrated Addy's 2nd birthday for pretty much 3 days. By the way, how in the world is she already now 2 1/2? It blows my mind how fast the time goes!



 Addy's birthday celebration started out on a Friday night. Addy really loves Dora or you know, "Dowa di Expwower", as she would say, so we ended up having a Mexican Fiesta! I got grilled chicken from a local Mexican restaurant and had a taco bar with chips, queso, guacamole, salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. It was yummy! We had a great time and had all of the family and a few close friends over to celebrate.


Addy was so sweet and cute at her party. She acted like she loved every minute of it and especially loved opening her presents. When she opened one present she raised her eyebrows and said, "Oh my goodness!" We all thought that was hysterical.



After eating cupcakes and opening presents, several of us went to the back yard to play water games. We had a little water table that my aunt let me borrow, a sprinkler, and a baby pool. It worked out perfectly and kept the few little ones happy for an hour or two!




On Saturday, we decided to do Addy's "special day" like we do with every one of our children's birthday around or on their birthday. We ended up taking her to Panera Bread where she could get a PB & J, one of her favorites, and then to a big indoor playground about 15 minutes from our house. We had a blast! I so enjoy the fun times like that with just our little family. Precious memories.




Her actual birthday fell on a Sunday. Obviously, Sunday's are very busy for us, so we didn't get to do much. I did make some blueberry muffins for Addy's little class in the nursery at church. We sang "Happy Birthday" and to my surprise, the nursery workers has gotten her a birthday gift. They gave her an Aqua Doodle. We already had one that was similar, but now that we have two there is less fighting! Yay!




After our celebration in the nursery, I ran up to the church service and was surprised to see my dad and step-mom! They had come to surprise Addy. We ended up being treated to lunch at Longhorn! Yummy! It was a great way to wrap up Addy's birthday weekend! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of our lunch with them :(.

Addy is such a precious, smart child! I am so thankful that God blessed our family with her. Addy's big blue eyes will melt your heart, her silly personality will keep you laughing, and her vocabulary of probably a 4 year old impresses us all!

Happy (now late) birthday, sweet, sweet Addy! You are so loved!



p.s. This was her last year at her 1st birthday!



2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my word, did you make that Dora cupcake cake?!? We love you, sweet Addy! Happy 2.5 years old!!! :)

Haley said...

I wish! I got it from Walmart! It was yummy!!