Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year's Resolution

I have a few New Year's resolution's about eating better, exercising more, and trying to be a more patient, understanding Mommy, but the most important one is memorizing Scripture. I'm doing this along with probably about 2,500 other bloggers (Siesta's) through the Living Proof Ministries blog. The way it works is we will memorize 2 Scriptures a month and post them on the comments on that blog to be held accountable. I think that this is such an awesome idea! I know that Scripture memorization is so important so I am really going to do my best to get some of this stuff ingrained in my memory. This is a wonderful way to fight off the enemy when he attacks. Remember in Matthew when Satan was tempting Jesus? Every response was "for it is written" and Jesus would quote scripture. I hope that I can get to a point in my walk to where I will immediately be able to think of scripture when I am being tempted. I'm planning on posting my Scripture on here twice a month as well to just kind of share what the Lord is doing. If you aren't familiar with the Siesta blog and want to join in go to http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/ and read the latest post. Here is the verse that I am memorizing first. It is the one that Beth suggested and I think it fits perfectly with my walk right now.

"He is your constant source of stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him." Isaiah 33:6 NET

When I think about everything that's going on in my life right now with Tim in school, trying to teach my child/children the way she should go, knowing that there could be ministry opportunities in the future that would involve moving from a place you've lived your whole life, tight budgets, etc., it's hard to not get overwhelmed! I'm so glad that my God is my stability- my CONSTANT stability. Even when I'm not sure how in the world I'm going to manage, He is my strength and endurance! And it gets even better...He ABUNDANTLY provides safety and GREAT wisdom! How awesome is that? I serve an amazing God!

Again, I can't stress how important it is to hide God's Word in your heart. So go for it, and let's see what the Lord teaches you this year! And by the way, let me know if you are doing it so that we can hold each other accountable. I need real life friends to help me! :-)

Much love,
Haley

1 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I'm so glad you're doing this with us!!! It's going to be a great year!

Hugs
steph.