Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday!



So...I'm going to do this Not Me Monday thing that MckMama does every Monday and claims that it's "therapeutic" to admit the things that you did not do this week. I probably won't do it every week. I just thought it might be fun to see what I come up with!



Let's see...


I did not sleep until 10:55AM with Addy this morning. That would be selfish considering Tim gets up at 5:30AM on typical workdays. He's off on Monday so I would not make/let him get up with Emmy. Nope! Not me!

Saturday, I definitely was not giving Emmy a bath and she did not whine and whine and whine saying it was cold when really it was warm. I did not warn her and she did not continue to whine. As a result, I most certainly did not say "I'll show you cold!" and turn the water all the way to ice cold so that she would stop whining. That would be cruel and people might think I'm a horrible mother if I did that!

Emmy did not stop taking naps this week and I do not make her stay in her room for an hour every day so that I can have some peace and quiet. That too would probably be a little selfish. Not me!

Me and Tim started The Love Dare book this week. The dare for one day was do a random act of kindness for your spouse. I did not wait until the end of the day to read it and putting toothpaste on his toothbrush before he went to bed was not my act for the day. That would be thoughtless considering he happily folded the laundry, loaded the dishwasher and got dinner for us. I'm a WAY better spouse than that!

I did not tell Emmy that my sweet tea was apple juice last night while out to dinner just so that I could see her face as she tasted it. Sweet tea is way too sugary and has too much caffeine for a 3 year old! I would never do that...

What did you not do this week??



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting the Love Dare on Norman, actually I've been meaning to for two weeks but since we are really doing the wedding stuff I am starting it this week for real! But he doesnt know it, so it should be fun!

Danyel said...

Is this sarcasm, or did you actually NOT do these things? They all sound like things I WOULD do... ha ha :)

Danyel said...

Where did you get your pretty layout?