Thursday, January 8, 2009

An update on my girls!

We haven't done a whole lot this week, but I did take the girls to the doctor yesterday and got good reports!

Addy is weighing in at a hefty 17 lbs 8ounces and 26 1/2 in. long. You read that right! My little 4 month old weighs almost 18 lbs! Emmy didn't weigh that much until she was almost a year old! I couldn't believe it! The doctor said that she's doing everything just like she's supposed to. We started giving her rice cereal the other night since she's waking up a little more in the night. She still hasn't gotten the hang of the whole swallowing thing, but she's making progress! She's also rolling from her back to belly, ALMOST from her belly to back, and is starting to pull her knees up under her like she is going to crawl. Again, Emmy didn't crawl until about 6 1/2 months. I am NOT ready for this!

Here's my little chunker! When her legs are bent a little more, she has about 4 big rolls. I love me a chubby baby!


Emmy is my "petite" girl weighing 27 lbs and I believe 36 1/2 inches tall (I may be wrong on that, but I think I'm remembering correctly). She really hasn't grown a whole lot since last year, but that's ok! She's eating well (LOVES fruits and vegetables) and seems to be just like me when I was a little girl. It was so sweet to see her talk to the doctor yesterday. She told her what she liked to eat, the things she did at school, how old she was, her friends names, that she dressed herself, etc. I knew she liked to talk, but it was just a lot of information at one time! She's also like a little teenager these days and DEFINITELY making me question my parenting on a daily basis. Has anyone else dealt with that? Anyway, besides the fact that she's a MESS, she is also a wonderful big sister, keeps us laughing, and truly does have a sweet spirit.

This is a picture from a few months ago. I think she looks like such a cutie in it!

Addy had 3 shots and Emmy had to have her finger pricked. Emmy actually cried after Addy got her shots because she DIDN'T get one! She had a flu shot a few months ago and got a cool band aid and wanted another one. She's crazy!

I'm so thankful for my little blessings! Not everyone can say that they have 2 healthy, thriving children. I try not to go a day without thanking God for that!


Sisters and loving every minute of it! Well...MOST minutes :-)


Hope that you all are having a wonderful week!
Haley
Sons (and daughters :-}) are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3
p.s. I almost put Psalm 127:5, but I don't think that I would consider myself "blessed" to have a quiver FULL of them...haha. You know I'm kidding :-)...kind of.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Little cuties! Glad to hear that everyone is happy and healthy! I'm pretty sure Luke & Addy weigh the same (he was 17 lbs 4 oz a couple weeks ago at the doctor); Addy carries her weight well, though. :) Give the girls lots of kisses for me and tell Timmy we said hello.

jennyhope said...

they are adorable.